Thursday, December 7, 2023

The 25 Bargain Buys of Xmas: Day 7

Much of my calendar year, every year, is spent sifting through record store bargain bins, estate sales, etc. and digging into the acquisitions. I win some and lose some, but I never write about it on AuxOut even though it accounts for a huge portion of my listening and discovery. In honor of the season of presents, I am celebrating some of the gifts bestowed upon me by the record gods during 2023.

Neil Young - Harvest Moon CD $0.50. 
Neil has been a very slow grower throughout my life but progress was made in 2023, thanks in part to the acquisition of Harvest Moon, my first taste of the 90s Neil albums. Not a perfect record by any means, there's a dumb song about a dog for instance, but it's solid throughout and features some pinnacles of my NY experience thus far like "Dreamin' Man" and especially the wistful "One of These Days" which played constantly on my brain radio for two weeks straight during the summer.

A playlist of tunes from each of the records I wrote about, I'll add a new song each day:

No comments: